May 30, 2019 to May 31, 2019
Registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registration is one week before the first day of the course. If you are unable to register before the deadline, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org call 301-496-7977 for space availability.
NIH employees paying with the signed vendor copy of the SF-182 form, please email: email@example.com
Cloud offers computers with one to hundreds of cores and megabytes to terabytes of memory, on a hourly basis, from pennies to dollars and on-demand, for anyone who can use a computer and internet. This democratizes the high performance computing that everybody can use.
Participants will create and access cloud instances (renting and using a windows or linux machine), set security, configure storage, create snapshots, create images, up or down scaling the resources, monitoring resources, billing and perform routine tasks.
- Participants will be provided with step-by-step walk through instructions to setup, configure, secure, monitor and access computing resources rented in public cloud infrastructures.
- Training provided by active NIH researchers
- Cookbook style manual for all exercises
- Direct, after training support through exclusive forum membership
Participants should be comfortable with basic computer skills.
Who should attend:
- Anyone (including researchers, academics, clinicians and students) who is looking to free themselves from not being able to use a latest software just because they don't have access to a personal windows or a linux machine.
- Anyone (including researchers, academics, clinicians and students) who is facing issues with hardware limitations (not having access to a powerful machine to handle their large data or a compute intensive task).
- Anyone (including researchers, academics, clinicians and students) who would like to perform computations on a on-demand hourly basis, for pennies, cents or dollars per hour, using any popular operating system, from anywhere in the world.
- Scientists in program administrators interested in learning the standard tools, techniques and concepts in cloud computing.
Hands-on Skills/Tools taught/demonstrated:
Cloud platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Cloud platform: Google Cloud Platform
Cloud platform: Azure - Microsoft Cloud Platform
Computing: AWS Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)
Computing: Secure Shell, Secure File Transfer (SSH/SFTP)
Computing: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Computing: AWS CPU, GPU, Cluster
Pricing: On-demand, spot, reserved
Storage: AWS Simple Storage Service (S3)
Storage: AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS)
Storage: AWS Volumes, Snapshots, Amazon Machine Images (AMI)
BigData: Hadoop, MapReduce, DynamoDB, Serverless computing
Contains all notes, protocols, and reference material needed. No additional books are required.
Although no grades are given for courses, each participant will receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) based on the number of contact hours. One CEU is equal to ten contact hours. Upon completion of the course each participant will receive a certificate, showing completion of the workshop and 2.1 CEUs.
100% tuition refund or 100% full workshop credit is available for registrations cancelled 14 or more days prior to the start of the workshop.
50% tuition refund or 100% full workshop credit is available for registrations cancelled between 4 to 13 days prior to the start of the workshop.
0% refund, 100% full workshop credit is available for registrations cancelled 3 days or less prior to the start of the workshop.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email to Ms. Carline Coote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations received after hours are time marked for the following day.
In regards to a full or partial refund or a full workshop credit, you must indicate which option you are selecting at the time of your written cancellation.
All refund payments will be processed by the start of the initial workshop.
A special rate is available to all BioTech Workshop attendees. This includes complimentary continental breakfast, guest room Wi-Fi and discounted $15 parking per night. Hotel is within walking distance of the training facility Reservations can be made online, see below.