June 4, 2019 to June 7, 2019
Registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registration is one week before the first day of the course. If you are unable to register before the deadline, please email: email@example.com or call 301-496-7975 for space availability.
NIH employees paying with the signed vendor copy of the SF-182 form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshops generally run from 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Data integration is a big problem in biomedical research, especially in the era of NGS data, BigData, “omics”, precision medicine etc. Network based approach is one of the interesting and efficient ways to integrate data. This hands-on training will introduce participants to network concepts, data preparation and integration methods, data analysis, exploration and visualization using Cytoscape and other open source tools. The training also includes a one day Bring-Your-Own-Data* clinic.
Hands-on Skills/Tools taught:
- Data Cleaning and Preparation: Basic Unix
- Data Cleaning and Preparation: OpenRefine
- Network Generation: Cytoscape
- Data Integration: Cytoscape
- Enrichment analysis: Cytoscape
- Pathway analysis: Cytoscape
- Gene Prioritization: Cytoscape
- Data Exploration: Cytoscape
- Data Visualization: Cytoscape
- Large Graph Analysis: Neo4J
- Training provided by NIH researchers active in network based research
- Cookbook style bound manual for all exercises
- Direct, after training support through exclusive forum membership
- Continuing Education Credits
- Bring-Your-Own-Data* : we will help you build your own networks, integrate, analyze, visualize and explore your own data. You can take home a good amount of work done and saved as a complete sessions file.
* If Participants don't have their own data for the BOYD clinic, we will provide a customized Do-It-Yourself exercise based on the input we would collect on the first day of the training.
Who should attend:
- Researchers and academics interested in learning network based data integration, analysis, exploration and visualization tools and techniques.
- Clinicians interested in exploring network medicine approach to identify novel markers and therapeutic targets.
- Program administrators who are interested in getting a firsthand experience with network based methods and tools for data integration, exploration and visualization.
- Anyone who has their own data that they would like to analyze, explore and visualize in the context of networks.
Participants should be comfortable with basic computer skills
Contains all notes, protocols, and reference material needed. No additional
books are required.
Although no grades are given for courses, each participant will receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) based on the number of contact hours. One CEU is equal to ten contact hours. Upon completion of this course each participant will receive a certificate, showing completion of the workshop and 2.8 CEUs.
100% tuition refund or 100% full workshop credit is available for registrations cancelled 14 or more days prior to the start of the workshop.
50% tuition refund or 100% full workshop credit is available for registrations cancelled between 4 to 13 days prior to the start of the workshop.
0% refund, 100% full workshop credit is available for registrations cancelled
3 days or less prior to the start of the workshop.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email to Ms. Carline Coote at email@example.com.
Cancellations received after hours are time marked for the following day.
In regards to a full or partial refund or a full workshop credit, you must indicate which option you are selecting at the time of your written cancellation.
All refund payments will be processed by the start of the initial workshop.
A special rate is available to all BioTech Workshop attendees. This includes complimentary continental breakfast, guest room Wi-Fi and discounted $15 parking per night. Hotel is within walking distance of the training facility Reservations can be made online, see below.