April 30, 2018; Monday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm,
NIH Betehsda Campus
Registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis. Limted seats only.
Cloud offers computers with hundreds of cores and terabytes of memory, on a hourly basis, from pennies to couple of dollars and on-demand, for anyone who can use a computer and internet. This democratizes the high performance computing that everybody can use.
Participants will create cloud instances (renting and using a windows or linux machine), set security, configure storage, create snapshots, create clusters, images, acces instances and perform routine tasks.
- Participants will be provided with step-by-step walk through instructions to setup, configure, secure, monitor and access computing resources rented in public cloud infrastructures.
- Training provided by active NIH researchers
- Cookbook style manual for all exercises
- Direct, after training support through exclusive forum membership
Who should attend:
- Anyone (including researchers, academics, clinicians and students) who is looking to free themselves from not being able to use a latest software just because they don't have access to a personal windows or a linux machine.
- Anyone (including researchers, academics, clinicians and students) who is facing issues with hardware limitations (not having access to a powerful machine to handle their large data or a compute intensive task).
- Anyone (including researchers, academics, clinicians and students) who would like to perform computations on a on-demand hourly basis, for pennies, cents or dollars per hour, using any popular operating system, from anywhere in the world.
- Scientists in program administrators interested in learning the standard tools, techniques and concepts in cloud computing.
Notes: You must bring your own laptop to the workshop
Prerequisites: Participants should be comfortable with basic computer skills
Hands-on Skills/Tools taught/demonstrated:
BigData: Hadoop, MapReduce, DynamoDB
Cloud platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Cloud platform: Google Cloud Platform
Cloud platform: Azure - Microsoft Cloud Platform
Computing: AWS Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)
Computing: Secure Shell, Secure File Transfer (SSH/SFTP)
Computing: AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Computing: AWS GPU, CPU, Cluster
Pricing: On-demand, spot, reserved
Storage: AWS Simple Storage Service (S3)
Storage: AWS Elastic Block Store (EBS)
Storage: AWS Volumens, Snapshots, Amazon Machine Images (AMI)
Training Rate: FREE
Building 45, Room E1/E2
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20892
Contact & Registration Information
Conference and Training Team