October 28, 2019 to October 30, 2019
Registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registration is one week before the first day of the course. If you are unable to register before the deadline, please email: email@example.com or call 301-496-7977 for space availability.
NIH Only: Payment approval and authorization is done through your AO or lab manager. Receiving lab approval does not constitute enrollment. Fellows or those being sponsored by their lab can enroll using this form while waiting for authorization of payment.
Workshops generally run from 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Rosetta is a set of tools used for protein structure prediction and designing. Rosetta is capable of predicting structures either with or without prior knowledge. Apart from large and small molecular docking, Rosetta is also popular for designing novel proteins and peptides. With the availability of public cloud infrastructure, use of Rosetta’s powerful features is within the reach of anyone who is interested in molecular modeling and design.
Participants will get a brief introduction to basic linux commands, a short presentation on the
capabilities of Rosetta, followed by hands-on walkthrough for predicting protein structures,
docking and protein designing.
- Participants will work in a linux desktop environment.
- Participants will also receive a cookbook style manual for all the hands-on exercises.
- After training support is also provided through exclusive members only forum.
Who should attend
- Researchers and academics interested in learning tools to explore, visualize and understand biomolecular structures and their functions in three dimensions.
- Clinicians, researchers and academics interested in understanding/predicting the effect of mutations or drug molecules on the structure and function of a biological molecule, using three dimensional structural modeling and docking
- Program administrators who are interested in getting a firsthand experience working with cutting edge, structure-based modeling, docking and designing methods and tools.
Participants should be comfortable with basic computer skills and basic structural biology concepts.
A special rate is available to all BioTech Workshop attendees. This includes complimentary continental breakfast, guest room Wi-Fi and discounted $15 parking per night. Hotel is within walking distance of the training facility Reservations can be made online, see below.