You never know where life is going to take you, but with our health plans you can count on the support you need to live a healthier life. From preventive services to our extensive network of providers and resources, FAES and our health care partners are there when you need us. We will work together to help you get well and stay well…so for a few minutes of your time at no cost to you, enroll today. Here’s how:
- Determine if you are eligible. Participation in the plan is available to NIH paid Trainees/Fellows who work at least 30 hours per week or any entity that directly supports NIH stipend-paid Trainees/Fellows at NIH facilities AND has at least 80% of the voting members of their board occupied by current NIH employees. (Dependents must be legally related to subscriber for which documentation will be required.)
- Determine if it is the right time to enroll. Self & Dependent(s) -All required documents must be submitted to the insurance office within 30 days of your award start date. The effective date of FAES health insurance is the same date as the award period start date on page 1 of the FPS form.
- Determine which (if any) family members you want to include on your plan. Spouses, dependent children (through their 26th birthday), and disabled dependent children over the age of 26 are all eligible to be included on your plan.
- Provide FAES with NIH Fellowship Activation Forms obtained from your Administrative Officer (AO). The forms must be signed by your sponsor. FAES requires pages 1, 2 and 3 of the 6 pages of the NIH Fellowship Activation forms.
- Complete the FAES Election Form.
- Email or fax the completed NIH Fellowship Activation Form and completed FAES Election Form to FAES Insurance
Secure Fax: 301- 480-3585
- Enjoy your coverage! If you have any questions or need help completing these steps, please contact us.