The FAES Bookstore @ NIH offers:
- Timely textbook services for FAES graduate school courses
- Prompt, reliable special order services of any book in print
- A premier selection of the latest scientific and medical titles
- A dynamic assortment of merchandise to meet the everyday needs of the NIH community
- “Meet and Greet" events for NIH authors
After a decade of planning, the Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences cut the ribbon in 2013 on the highest profile undertaking in FAES’s 50+ year history at NIH: a 20,000-square-foot renovation in the heart of Bldg. 10’s first floor that encompasses the FAES academic classrooms, a large, sky lighted terrace, new administrative offices, a faculty club/dining room and a graduate student lounge.
FAES Bookstore @ NIH, the most public facing aspect of the new FAES Academic Center, has been providing medical and science textbook services to NIH for over 50 years. Our new location, just steps away from Masur Auditorium and the FAES classrooms, is ideally located to support the specialized book needs of the FAES Graduate School and the NIH scientific community.
Our new location in the Clinical Center has afforded us the opportunity to expand our products and services significantly, to the benefit of Building 10 visitors and staff, as well as to Clinical Center patients and their families. FAES has partnered with CAFÉ 10 to run a successful coffee bar and sandwich shop adjacent to the bookstore. We have also brought in a diverse assortment of products, including clothing, gifts, greeting cards, and supplies to further fulfill our organization’s mission of providing valuable services to NIH.
Click here to request books from our bookstore.
Send us the author, title, and ISBN numbers for the books you need. We will research availability and provide you with a price quote. Once you confirm, we will place the order for you and arrange for pick-up in the store or delivery on-campus or anywhere in the United States.
Please note the following when placing your book orders:
- Prices are subject to change.
- Lead time for book orders is an estimated 3-7 business days.
- Lead time for print on demand titles is 7-10 business days.
- Some orders will require pre-payment
- Stock is not guaranteed and you will be notified of any backorders
- Delivery is available through inter office mail at no additional cost
- For other delivery options please contact us for an estimate
- Please pick up your book orders as soon as possible
- Please do not send us your credit card number via email
Show your NIH Pride With Official NIH Logo products
FAES Bookstore @ NIH now carries a full range of high quality products with the official NIH logo. We specialize in high end gifts appropriate for service anniversaries, thank you, and retirement gifts.
We can ship our merchandise anywhere in the United States! Contact us by calling 301-496-5272 or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a member of the NIH community that has written a book, or if your department is hosting a speaker that is an author, FAES Bookstore @ NIH would be thrilled to lend our support with an “Author Meet and Greet” event.
Due to government regulations, we are unable to provide off-site book sales, however, we have had several successful gatherings of authors and community members in the bookstore itself. Often, these gatherings can be timed either just before or just after a scheduled lecture. The bookstore will have a number of the author’s titles on hand for the event which can be purchased and then signed by the author. Depending on timing and attendance, the author will be available to answer questions about his or her work.
If you are interested in more information about participating in an “Author Meet and Greet” event, please contact the FAES Bookstore Supervisor: