March 9, 2020 to March 12, 2020
Registration occurs on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for registration is one week before the first day of the course. If you are unable to register before the deadline, please email: email@example.com or call 301-496-7977 for space availability.
NIH Only: Payment approval and authorization is done through your AO or lab manager. Receiving lab approval does not constitute enrollment. Fellows or those being sponsored by their lab can enroll using the Contract: SF- 182 form while waiting for authorization of payment.
Apart from performing the routine differential expression analysis using two different suite of tools, this hands-on training will help participants learn advanced RNA-Seq analysis techniques and tools for detecting snps, fusion genes, allele specific expressions, circular RNAs, viral/bacterial sequence identification, alternative polyadenylation and transcriptional regulatory network analysis.
- Participants will use a Graphic User Interface based Linux Desktop environment, specially configured for advanced RNA-Seq analysis in the Amazon Cloud
- Training provided by experienced active NIH researchers
- Cookbook style bound manual for all exercises
- Continuing Education Credits
Who should attend
- Researchers and academics who are interested in exploring the RNA-Seq data for more than what is routinely done.
- Clinicians who are interested in discovering novel biological regulatory mechanisms looking for potential diagnostic biomarkers and therapeutic uses.
- Biomedical students who are interested in pursuing research on advanced transcriptomics and transcriptional regulatory mechanisms.
- Scientists in program administration interested in learning and understanding the latest methods and concepts in transcriptome analysis
Participants should be comfortable with basic computer skills
Hands-on Skills/Tools taught:
Differential expression analysis: HISAT2 tools
Differential expression analysis: Trinity tools
Fusion gene analysis: STAR-Fusion
SNP detection: GATK
Allele specific expression: WASP
Circular RNA identification: circexplorer
Alternative polyadenylation: DaPars
Viral integration: VirTect
Network analysis Cytoscape
Workshops generally run from 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Discounted Training Rates
$695.00 - NIH Trainees (fellows, postdocs, postbacs - NIH ONLY)
$895.00 - NIH Community
$999.00 - Academia, Government, Military
Contains all notes, protocols, and reference material needed. No additional books are required.
100% tuition refund for registrations cancelled 14 or more days prior to the start of the workshop.
50% tuition refund for registrations cancelled between 4 to 13 days prior to the start of the workshop.
No refund will be issued for registrations cancelled 3 days or less prior to the start of the workshop.
All cancellations must be received in writing via email to Ms. Carline Coote at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations received after hours are time marked for the following day.
All refund payments will be processed by the start of the initial workshop.
A special rate is available to all workshop attendees. This includes complimentary buffet breakfast, guest room Wi-Fi, and discounted $15 parking per night. The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to/from the NIH campus. The hotel is also within walking distance of the training facility. Reservations can be made online, see below.